Friday, May 18, 2007

Mozarella! And more!

I am currently reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, et. al., and thoroughly enjoying it. In the book, she mentions Ricki Carroll, aka the "Cheese Queen". Of course I had to check it out, since I had been wondering just how difficult it is to make cheese. (Or not.)

WELL.

Some of these (especially the 30-minute Mozarella) are going on my to-do list for vacation.

Cup Cheese. Farmer's Cheese. And more! And even more!

Wow. What a great resource! And it doesn't seem so terribly difficult, either!

Evidently, Creeping Charlie (also known as ground ivy) is a source for vegetable rennet used in cheese. Now all I have to do is find out how to make that, because I have lots of ground ivy around the garden. Lots and lots and lots.

2 comments:

Grey said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear your report.

Donica Ben said...

Ever find a recipe?