Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lentil and Spinach Soup


2 cans kidney beans (or the equivalent of 2 cups if you are using dried)
1 cup lentils, dried
8 cups water
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup corn
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tsp dried sage
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary (of course you can use fresh if you have it)
a sprinkle of seasoned salt
a sprinkle of pepper
3 cups spinach, chopped (I used frozen; you can use whatever is available to you)


Add all ingredients, except for the spinach into a 5qt. pot and simmer on low for about an hour or until beans and carrots are soft. Add spinach, cook for about five more minutes. A very simple, easy, and tasty soup.

Note: I didn't add onions because onions don't agree with me. By all means, if you like onions, feel free to add them. You could also add different kinds of beans/more beans to this as well. I think it would also taste good with chicken. If my pantry had contained any mushrooms, I would have added them as well. Mushrooms would be fabulous in this recipe!

3 comments:

gluten free pammy said...

emm looks good I must try it, mind if I follow along

Jennifer said...

I don't mind at all!

joesanchez said...

Friendship

Never have I had a friend like you, a true friend in life.
You cracked the veneer, you accept me for who I am
and for who I am not.
You showed me there is no need to live in disguise
and so I drop the fear because you are here.
To hold my hand, to walk me through this foreign land
Explore a life of truth between you & I
This is how we grew to this friendship
I know now, like I never have
I have you to thank and this is how
I love you my friend
My true friend till the end.
Copyright 2009 By Joseph Anthony Sanchez